Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Working on Wednesday

Just a reminder that Bonnie Hunter's Alletaire Mystery Quilt pattern is only available until February 1, 2016.  If you haven't printed off all the clues/pattern instructions, here is the link before its too late.


Click on each blue link, then click on the Printer Friendly version, followed by clicking on the printer icon that you see towards the bottom of the screen.  Bonnie gives detailed step by step instructions.  Don't feel bad that you missed the mystery or didn't sew along.  Its not a race, its about enjoying the process or the journey.
 
I collected my fabrics during the time the mystery clues where coming out.  I didn't start cutting out fabrics until after the reveal.
I have everything cut out except the golds.  Getting the many parts cut out does make the sewing go smoother.  Make sure you label the parts to eliminate confusion.  I have pressed my seams open which has reduced bulk on these small pieces.  If you choose not to press the seams open, read the instructions carefully as Bonnie gives pressing directions.
This is my "quilty" sister, Cathy.  She is close to finishing her Alletaire quilt. She is choosing to add an additional border using more gold and neutral four patches before adding the black final border.
 
Have a great Wednesday.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment