Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tuesday Tip & Block of the Month Links

There has been a discussion on the Quiltville Studio Facebook page about whether or not to keep triangle pieces.  Here's my plate full of random triangles.
Tuesday Tip:  My answer to the question "Should I keep these?", is Yes!!!
 
I have made several pretty projects out of these wonderful leftovers.  I collect the triangles in a drawer.  I even collect other quilters' triangles which increases my variety of fabrics.  Then when I have a need for half square triangles I go through my drawer, which is my version of home shopping.
Below is a small quilt I made with leftovers.  I did use one fabric for the light side of the HST but the dark side is all scraps.  I made two similar quilts like this and sold the other one.
 
This flag pillow was made from leftover triangles. 
 
Small table topper made with matching HST.
 
This is the Country Threads 2013 Free Online Quilt.  All the scrappy half-square triangles are leftovers, except the ones in the blocks where many matching HSTs were needed.
For me it definitely works to save scrap triangles.  If you don't want yours, ship them here, I will give them a new home.
 
Now for those of you that are working on some of same Block of the Months, here are the new links for July.
 
 
Today I am linking up with Connie over at Freemotion by the River.  Please keep Connie and her neighbors in your prayers.  They are dealing with the mighty Mississippi River and the flooding caused by the large amounts of rain we have had. 
 
Sunday night I had 1 3/4 inches of rain and yesterday we had another 2 inches.  I am so happy to hear my basement system working.  In the past, we would have been downstairs with shop vacs, but two years ago we installed a basement system with tiling and sump pumps.  I do the happy dance when I hear it running and the basement is dry.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I

 

No comments:

Post a Comment