Monday, January 28, 2013

Easy Street Update

Easy Street is the Mystery quilt Bonnie Hunter (www.quiltville.com) had going on between Thanksgiving and the new year.  I have all done and I am working on finishing the rest of my blocks.  This quilt is so out-of-box for me using such bright colors but I love it.  The colors aren't as vibrant in the picture as they are in person.    I have two retreats coming up and hope to have the top finished for quilting no later than March 2nd.  I have purchased the batting and backing fabric already, just need to choose border fabric, if any.  It is very hard for me to quit on it when it will only measure 80" x 80".  I am a "Go Big or Go Home" type of quilter.  So queen size at least for this one.

Bonnie is starting another mystery in the Quiltmaker Magazine in the issue coming out Feb. 1st.  I double-dog-dare you to try it.  :)  I have issued this dare to "quilty" friends through an email and now  I am issuing the dare to my blog followers.  Its a great way to use up scraps and clean out your stash.  Also, don't be afraid to change the colors to suit yourself.  Come on and be scrap-happy with the rest of us.

I am actually writing this post a day ahead of time and setting it to post tomorrow.  Also, I might be operating on a sugar high as I made a big batch of carmel corn again.  This weather is a little unpredictable right now.  If I don't have power tomorrow, those of you in blogland will still be able to read my news.

Have a great Monday!  Yours in quilting, Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment