Saturday, July 21, 2012

What Are You Working On?

Lately, I have been working on an assortment of projects.  As some of you know I retired on May 31st from my job with the State of Illinois Division of Rehabilitation Services.  BUT, because the wheels of state government move at a snail's pace, I have been hired back on an "emergency" contract for 60 days which ends Aug. 10th.  There were four coordinators working in my office and all of us retired on the same day.That put a kink in my plans for quilting. 

I have a "quilting block" like writer's get writer's block. I have dabbled in quilting but can't just go whole hog at it. I completed this repair job.



I have three quilts that really need to be quilted.  The first one is a beautiful red and white quilt.  I have it out and have been laying out the patterns for the quilting.  Then there is a warm flannel quilt and a Civil War beauty.  Sending up a prayer that I will have the quilting bug bite me soon and get back at it!

Stay cool this weekend.
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment