Thursday, July 2, 2015

Vintage Thingie Thursday

While in Shipshewana we visited a store with lots of lamps and primitive decorations.  We came upon this reproduction vintage sewing machine lamp.

The ladies were teasing and taunting me.  "This lamp is so you, Terry", "we ought to call your husband and tell him to buy this for your birthday", and " you need to buy this, we can change the lamp shade if that's what is bothering you".  I am sure there were many other reasons they rattled off but those are the few that stuck in my brain.  We did end up changing the lamp shade from wool to the cute Civil War Repro fabric.

 
I spent time yesterday working on learning the new Pro Stitcher updates.  I finished three rows of quilting and then ran into trouble.  I will be working with, Elaine Gilmore, Handi Quilter Educator to learn the basics before my classes next week.  Thanks, Elaine for coming to my rescue.  There is hope and a light at the end of the tunnel.
 
I took a break from working on the longarm lessons to meet the vet over at the horse barn.  It was time for Hoot's annual shots and Coggins test. He passed with flying colors.  Now to get him moved out to pasture. 
 
When I get stressed I like to piece.  So I had this block cut out and partially pieced.  I sat down and finished it easily in about a 1/2 hour.
My inspiration for trying this sheep block were my friends, Kelly who raises Shetland Sheep and Lisa who likes to decorate her home with sheep.  It turned out cute and to size.  There are pieces as little as 1" square.  This has helped me decided that I want to make the quilt with 12" blocks.
 
I hope you are having beautiful weather wherever you are.  We are having back-to-back cool, low humidity days that are very comfortable.  It also made for good sleeping at night.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

1 comment:

  1. Oh shoot! What an adorable lamp!!! Our weather has been unseasonably hot...ugh! off to the sewing room for me though:)

    ReplyDelete