Monday, May 4, 2015

Paducah Happy, Home and back to the Design Wall

Wow, Paducah rolled out the red carpet for the quilters April 20-25th.  The red-coated Ambassadors were extremely helpful, pleasant and courteous.  My favorite tip for attending Paducah is check a large tote bag at the bag check just inside the front door of the convention center when you arrive.  It only costs $1, $2 if you have a rolling bag.  Then go shop to your heart's content and just continue to drop your purchases off at the bag check.  The Ambassadors will bring your tote to you each time and then store it away safely until your finished for the day.  Just claim your tote as you leave the convention center for the day.  This process prevents you from having a sore back, shoulders and hands.  I need my hands free to stroke the fabric!
We took this selfie the last day in Paducah.  See our buddy in the red jacket.  He took care of our packages each day at the bag check.  He also answered our questions about how to get around, where to eat, etc.  Thank you Ambassadors you do a great job providing hospitality!
Look at Cathy B.  She looks for the booth with the hats each year and makes a purchase.  She really knows how to start out Quilt Week in style.

We couldn't have ordered better weather.  We ate lunch outside and soaked up sunshine while it was cold and rainy back home.

When the day was done, we loaded back on the bus for travelling to dinner and evening fun.
I have decided that each day this week I will include pictures from Paducah to spread them out since there are so many.
 
On my design wall is this beautiful block.
This block is a huge.  It is 20 inches square.  This is a block from the Country Threads 2014 BOM.  There is so much you can do with scraps. I am not buying fabric to make this quilt, just pulling from my drawers of fabric.  You can find the links at www.FarmChickQuilts.com.  Visit the blog sections for BOM patterns.  Tomorrow I will be posting more links to block of the months that I have been following. 
 
Today I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 

No comments:

Post a Comment