Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Quilts in the Show

In preparation for the 2013 Covered Bridge Quilt Guild Show, I finished my last customer's quilt on Feb. 14th.  Then I kicked in high gear to finish the 12 quilts I had entered.  Yikes, what was I thinking.  I had set myself some big hairy audacious goals (BHAGs).  That comes from my many years of State employment where we were always setting goals that seemed impossible to challenge ourselves.  And so it continues in my next career as a quilter and longarm quilter.

I entered 12 quilts, only 3 of which were finished when I completed the entry forms.

"T is for Temperance" was completed in August 2013 and show in the Bureau County Fair and now the Guild's show.

The applique "Basket Quilt" was also show in the August 2013 Bureau County Fair and received a second in the fair and third place in this weekend's quilt show.

                                                     The "Hourglass" Tablerunner.

The quilts below this sentence were all in some state of completion as of Feb. 14th, and I set the BHAG of completing them all in time for judging on Thurs., March 14th.  All but one of the quilts were completed. The first quilt is Easy Street.  It required the most work to be completed for the the show and the one I am most proud of .  It receive second place. 



 

Here is a view of the unique ribbons.
 


This "Sporting Pinwheels" quilt was created from leftover pieces from a lap size quilt made for an 8 year old boy who loves basketball and other sports.

The "Asymetrical Strippy" quilt was created in Fulton, IL at Susan's Calico Creations during a retreat where we exchanged 3.5", 2.5" and 1.5" strips and then made our own quilts.  My husband enjoys geometrical styled quilts, so he was my inspiration.

This is a Spicy Spiral Tablerunner in country colors.  This quilt will be auctioned off at the United Way Auction this weekend.  Spring colored tablerunner next to it belongs to Mary Wallis, I also made that one.

This Spicy Spiral Tablerunner won second place.  It will be auctioned off on Thurs., March 21st at the Ladies Night Out at the Manlius Lutheran Church.  This tablerunner was still a pile of fabric when I completed the entry form.  The Double Dutch Star quilt (below) was only shown because I could not finish my last bed size quilt, so this quilt filled the space.



This baby quilt was made for Reed.  His grandpa's favorite color is orange so I included the orange border.  The triangles were given to me by a friend, Sherri, who challenged me to make something out of her leftovers.  Tah da, Sherri, I made a quilt!!!  Reduce, Recyle, Reuse.....its a "green" quilt, don't you agree?

Below is the Black Cat quilt.  This has been laying in my stash for many years and finally is complete.


Thank you for viewing my quilts with me.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment