Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall is here!

The Bureau County Fair and the Homestead Festival are the signals for me that Fall is upon us. So between the two events I brought the tubs of decorations upstairs and decorated for fall. I was trying to have the house in shipshape order before family and friends arrived for the Homestead Festival. Nearly killed me doing it all in one day, but the results were stunning. The hubbie walked in the door at the end of his work day with a big smile on his face. 
This corner display is on the landing as you turn the corner to go upstairs.
I have so many quilts laying around.  Rolling up small quilts and putting them in this antique basket with silk leaves and the scarecrow to stand guard, gave the big pile of quilts on my trunk a little relief.  Rolling quilts instead of folding helps prevent permanent creasing.
 
Hope you are having fun decorating for fall.  What have you done to your home for fall decorations?
Terry :)

1 comment: