Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day & Tuesday Tip

Today was suppose to be a quiet Valentine's Day.  I told my husband I didn't want anything accept to go to an antique store that is having a sale this Friday.  So how does my day start out?  I attend Garden Club at my local quilt shop, Quilter's Garden and they hand out cute valentines.  Sweetheart paper folded around a Kiss of Hershey's chocolate.
Next I received a sweet text from my sewing sister, Cathy!  Then later in the afternoon I received a special mushy card from my husband, he's a keeper. 
The biggest surprise was 3 beautiful red roses with a card from my son.
By the way, he's the best thing I ever made!  So the day was that was suppose to pass-by quietly ended up being precious.

Tuesday's Tip:  Have you been looking for a way to organize your Block of the Month or Block of the Week project?  My friend, Kathy Closen, showed me her method and I am sharing it with you because it really works nicely for me.  First, grab a three ring binder that is 2 to 3" wide at the binding. Second,  grab some plastic sheet protectors and slip the paper pattern into each sheet protector sleeve.

My project is Peace & Healing, from Debbie at Piecing the Past Quilts.  Click on the blue writing for the link to sign up for the Block of the Week.  She will send you an email each Monday with a new block.

Third, I go to my stash drawers and pull out fabrics until I am happy with  the combinations.  Then I slip the fabrics into the plastic page protector until I have time to cut out the pieces.  If I cut out the pieces, then only the pieces go into the page protector and I put the fabric back into the drawers.

If you are working on a large project and will need the fabrics throughout the project,  you might want to put the fabrics in ziplock bags or zipper style (pencil) bags that have three holes punched on the left.  This keeps all the fabrics together with the patterns and easy to handle each month or week.  I have two binders that I am working out of currently.  One for Women of the Bible that I shared yesterday and Peace and Healing from today's Blog.

I hope you enjoyed your day!

Yours in quilting,
Terry


4 comments:

  1. Loved the suggestion of the binder and the links for the other quilt alongs. Sounds like you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great Valentine's Day. Funny how I didn't expect anything and my husband and son made it special with their surprises.

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a great Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen. I hope you had a special day, too!

      Delete