Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday Tip

Recently, I went to a sewing weekend.  The group of ladies planned ahead and we offered a sewing machine cleaning to the group.  An appointment was made at a sewing machine business to have the machines dropped off a week before the retreat (6 machines).  As we travelled to the retreat, we stopped at Smitty's Sew & Vac and picked up the machines already for our busy weekend.  Since we can't arrive at our destination until 2pm, we stopped at the Sterling quilt store and ate lunch at Arthur's Garden Deli.  We also stopped off at the J store (JoAnn Fabrics) and found out that they were having a sale with some great doorbuster dealsThis smaller version of a rotary mat was 40% off which made it less than $20.  Several of us picked them up and put them to use at the weekend sewing days right away.  I was working on Bonnie Hunter's Alletaire Mystery Quilt.  The mat is the perfect traveling size and easy to use for blocks 6 1/2" or smaller.  I was working on squaring up 2" half-square triangles. 

 
My friend grabbed one of these Ott Lites.  It has the magnifier head which is great for handwork or for unstitching those tiny stitches.  It also converts to a table top lite.  This was 60% off which made it about $64.  This was a great bargain and I purchased one, also.
My eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be and this will be helpful if I find time to work on my Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses blocks.
Check out your coupons, flyers, and the online deals.  Its the perfect time to find some great deals.
 
One of my "quilty" sisters and I are making a few blocks to go with a pre-printed panel.  I have to make 1-eight pointed star, 1-pinwheel, and four barn blocks.  All blocks have to measure 6 1/2" inches. 
 
 
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment